On 7 May 2014, at 13:12, P Vixie <p...@redbarn.org> wrote:

> Ouch. Well so if a large body of ietf participators think wide area rdns is a
> bad idea and that this option should never be recommended then we would
> presumably have to say so in the document which standardized the option.
> Strange.

I think documenting a bad idea and including text that describes why it is bad
is better than ignoring it.

I'm not saying that I think edns-client-subnet is necessarily bad; I'm
observing that others here believe it is. Even if we all thought it was
definitively bad, given that it has been implemented I am still strongly in
favour of documenting it.

Joe