Joe... To clarify... Client subnet is not what I an complaining about. It's
wide area rdns itself that I think is a bad idea. One reason wide area rdns is
a bad idea is that it needs client subnet options.

Centralized rdns is not necessary and it makes the internet brittle. Better
alternatives exist. The architecture of DNS assumes localized rdns. If we're
going to document client subnet then all that advice will have to go into it.