On Tue, Jun 24, 2014 at 3:57 AM, Paul Hoffman <paul.hoff...@vpnc.org> wrote:
> On Jun 24, 2014, at 8:08 AM, Terry Manderson <terry.mander...@icann.org>
> wrote:
>
>> Yes, I noted the hand waving as well as a few hand-passes of problems to
>> $elsewhere.
>
> The latter is unintentional. That is, the goal is to have a spec that does
> everything it says it will.

Yup. Please point at bits where we've done this / ask what exactly we
were trying to say, or, even better, provide text that answers the
hand-wave.

>> I personally think this needs (much) more thinking, before coming to the
>> front of the room in DNSOP - are you considering a bar session somewhere
>> in Toronto to chat through this?
>
> That's one option, but we thought that the WG chairs wanted the consensus
> discussions happening in the WG on the list. If that's not the case, we can
> certainly churn the draft in private a bit and then bring it to the WG.

Yup. We did already churn this some in private -- this general idea
has been around for a *long* time, but DNSSEC now makes it much more
feasible. There were (unsurprisingly!) a number of emails and
discussions with a number of people (many of whom are listed in the
contributors section. The rough idea was also presented at DNS-OARC,
RIPE and the DNS track at NANOG) before we posted this version. We
specifically want to get feedback / more input, which is why we
published it as a draft (listing things we know need more discussion
as open questions), and then asked folk to poke at it.