Ray Bellis wrote:

>> Right, NXDOMAIN returned by some broken implementation to
>> empty non-terminals MUST NOT be interpreted that the
>> terminals does not exist.
>
> Can we name and shame these broken implementations?

I don't know about a specific example.

But, considering that people here was having lengthy debates
on how should the response to empty non-terminals until I pointed
out relevant part of rfc1034 means there should have been, and,
more importantly, will again be,  some.

> It would be a massive shame if this important and useful
> clarification to DNS semantics couldn't be used just because
> of a few broken implementations.

It is clearly specified in rfc1034:

   The domain name space is a tree structure.  Each node and leaf
   on the tree corresponds to a resource set (which may be empty).

                                                Masataka Ohta