On Nov 9, 2014, at 11:31 PM, Paul Ebersman <list-dn...@dragon.net> wrote:
> My concern is random folks who currently accept any v4 PTR regardless of
> format (but caring if there is no PTR at all) will do something equally
> bad in v6. i.e. NYT web content and similar pointless cruft. Putting in
> an auto-gen'ed v6 PTR would satisfy that level of check.

The status quo is that the ISP doesn't add a PTR record for a customer IPv6
address, nor delegate the zone.   Lots of IPv6 users are getting by just fine
right this very moment (including me) without this.   So I think it's safe to
say that we do not need to solve this problem: if there is damage, it has
already been routed around.   So really all we need to talk about is whether
there are features to add, not whether we need to fix something right now.
It's already too late for that.