Jacques,

On Nov 20, 2014, at 9:11 AM, Jacques Latour <jacques.lat...@cira.ca> wrote:
> I think the one big drawback for me is the loss visibility and control for
> the root operators.

Lack of comprehensive statistics would indeed be an issue (I'm not going to
comment on the "control" bit of your assertion), however...

> As an example, DITL, what value will that have if only subset of queries make
> it to root servers?

The current DITL data is a subset of queries.

> Will DNS-OARC have to collect logs from all these loopback authoritative
> slave recursive?

All? No. However, I suspect if DNS-OARC asked, they might be able to get a
sufficient number of operators to volunteer their data to provide a
statistically valid sample.

> -1 for adoption.

Is that the only reason you don't think the draft should be adopted?

You are aware that some large resolver operators already do what is documented
in root-loopback, right?

Regards,
-drc