>The idea is that this will be an IETF consensus document, if possible, but we
>are not yet asking for
>adoption in the DNSOP WG, and we might not even later. For now, we'd like to
>hear what additional terms
>should be added, what clarifications to the terms we already have would be
>helpful, and so on.

This is long overdue, thanks for putting it together.

For the policy implementing resolvers, I'd suggest less loaded terms than
consensual and non-consensual, since we can rathole forever arguing about
to what degree Comcast's customers consent to having their NXDOMAINs replaced
with search pages.  Something like default vs. non-default or opt-in vs. opt-out
would describe it better.

I'd also add NOERROR for a successful response with no records, and note that
some software erroneously confuses it with NXDOMAIN.

R's,
John