On 26.3.2015 07:26, Paul Vixie wrote:
> Evan Hunt wrote:
>> >
>> > My one suggestion is that it not be random; for any given set of
>> > two more more types at a node, a succession of ANY queries should
>> > all get back the same response. (Otherwise there's an unnecessary
>> > increase in leaked information, and RRL might not count the responses
>> > as duplicates.)  That's why I initially suggested "numerically smallest
>> > rrtype present", but any repeatable selection criteria would be fine.
>
> you make an excellent point. so, the spec might ask for repeatability,
> but not specify how that's to be achieved.

I think the repeatable selection criteria should be specified exactly,
so that all authoritative servers for one zone would return the same
result regardless the server implementation.

This also means, that the selection criteria should be RR type/content
based. Some information (e.g., RR creation or age) is not preserved on
zone transfers.

Jan