IMHO, the original text in 4033 is correct as it is for the first proposed
errata.  The notion that zone cuts are between nodes was blown away by the
DS record, and when I've ever white-boarded a DNS hierarchy, the cut goes
through the node.

The parent is authoritative for the existence of the node, the child is
authoritative for the data at the node.  In DNSSEC we denoted this by having
the bitmap of the delegation point include the NS despite not signing it.
The parent signed proof that the NS set existed (RRSIG(NSEC) or
RRSIG(NSEC3)) but was not authorized to endorse it's integrity (no
RRSIG(NS)).

We wished then (development of DNSSEC) that the NS set had been split the
same way DS and DNSKEY have been designed to make this clearer but we
weren't about to take on that change.

While I respect the classics, one thing taught to me was that early RFCs
were not meant to be specifications nor even pseudo-code.  This was in
particular to my study of "Algorithm" in RFC 1034, sect. 4.3.2. The
documents described the concepts (see the title of that RFC) and were not
meant to be strict rules to follow.  So, with that, when there are
differences is later documents, sometimes it is intentional and not an over
sight/error.

Yes, "do what I mean, not what I say!"

The second errata is arguably right, but it depends on how you read the
original text.  The text switches context from zone apex to domain name
mid-stride, which is, at least confusing.