On Fri, Apr 3, 2015 at 2:52 PM, Edward Lewis <edward.le...@icann.org> wrote:

> IMHO, the original text in 4033 is correct as it is for the first proposed
> errata.  The notion that zone cuts are between nodes was blown away by the
> DS record, and when I've ever white-boarded a DNS hierarchy, the cut goes
> through the node.

This is understandable, and I can see how the introduction of the DS
changes things.  However, independent of the location of the zone cut, the
text is still confusing (to me), as it implies that there are multiple
nodes and names.

Here is an alternative wording, which adds the context of RRsets:
----
Delegation Point: Term used to describe a delegated name when used in
conjunction with RRsets on the parental side of the zone cut.  For example,
the delegation NS RRs for "foo.example" are found at the delegation point,
which is in the "example" zone (as opposed to the authoritative NS RRs at
the zone apex of the "foo.example" zone).  See also zone apex.

Zone Apex: Term used to describe the a delegated name when used in
conjunction with RRsets on the child side of a zone cut.  See also
delegation point.
----

Regards,
Casey