> Em 26/05/2015, à(s) 15:50:000, Lyman Chapin <ly...@interisle.net> escreveu:
>
> Hi Suzanne -
>
>> HOME/CORP/MAIL (draft-chapin-additional-reserved-tlds-02):
>>
>> * This is the most controversial of the RFC 6761 drafts and the one most
>> driven by policy concerns
>
> It is not driven by policy concerns; it is driven by operational concerns,
> and I have heard almost no one in the WG discussion argue that these three
> names should *not* be withdrawn/reserved (and I say "almost" just to be safe,
> as I haven't checked thoroughly enough to omit it).

I'm curious about one of those TLDs: MAIL. Besides dotless "mail", which seems
to hit the root at very high rate (lack of negative caching) and shouldn't be
ever allowed to exist, and a few meaningful labels like local.mail*, I can't
recall the reasoning for being concerned with <something-here>.mail.

No matter whether one thinks the responsibility to deal with .MAIL lies with,
what are the issues that people see with it ?

Rubens

* From the first JAS namespace collision analysis still published at
http://forum.icann.org/lists/comments-name-collision-05aug13/pdf3WmZlrH3fo.pdf
although not anymore published at original point of publication