>> Uh, no.  The *only* loopback address is ::1.  The rest of 0000::/8 is
>> reserved.
>
>Anything is a loopback address if you alias it on your loopback interface.
>
>::2 was only intended as an example (that's why I said "salt to taste"),
>but it was not a particularly well-chosen one.

On your system, I'm sure it works fine.  On other systems that
implement IPv6 in other ways, maybe not.  I have a Windows 7 box and
as far as I can tell it doesn't even have a loopback interface, rather
some special case for 127/8 and ::1.  (Not ::2, I checked.)

It seems to me a rather poor idea for an IETF document to advise
people to use addresses that IETF standards documents say are
reserved.

R's,
John