Since draft-adpkja-dnsop-special-names-problem has not been formally adopted, I feel it is up to the WG to take up this question.

tim

On 4/6/16 12:13 PM, Paul Hoffman wrote:
On 5 Apr 2016, at 16:35, Ted Lemon wrote:

I wrote about six pages of comments on the recently-submitted
special-use TLD problem statement document.   However, ultimately I
concluded that it would be easier to just write what I thought the
problem statement should look like rather than try to suggest (and
then no doubt discuss one by one) a large set of changes that I think
it needs.

So this weekend I spent quite a bit of time talking to various people
who I knew would have insight into the question, and the result is the
draft I just submitted.  Ralph Droms was instrumental in inspiring me
to write the document, and helped me out by doing an initial review.

I've included the submission announcement below.   I realize that this
is a woefully late submission for discussion at IETF 95, since I
mostly wrote it yesterday, _at_ IETF 95.   However, I think it may
serve as a better starting point for the discussion than the current
problem statement draft, so if you have time to read it, I would
genuinely appreciate it if you could give it a look.

Clarifying question: are you formally requesting the WG to stop work on
draft-adpkja-dnsop-special-names-problem and switch to this one? If not,
what do think we should do about the two?

--Paul Hoffman