Looks like someone else thought of it already:
    https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-wijngaards-dnsext-trust-history-03

Thanks to Jaap for that info.

Someone will probably point out that using keys for a long time increases
the chances that someone can break them,  But in this case I think it is
worth the risk, to fix this issue.

--
Bob Harold
hostmaster, UMnet, ITcom