> On Nov 16, 2016, at 10:18 PM, Mikael Abrahamsson <swm...@swm.pp.se> wrote:
>
> As a whole, nobody seems to be interested in actually coming up with a viable
> solution that actually fixes peoples problems. Everybody's just punting the
> problem elsewhere or waving their hands and says "not our problem".

I don't think its possible to have a solution that works for devices on the
shelf for an arbitrarily long time.  You posed the problem as 10 years, which I
think is an unrealistically long time.

You could probably have a useful discussion about what is an appropriate amount
of time for something to be on the shelf and still expect it to work.  If there
is some consensus on that then the operators of the key material can design
around it.

DW