At Thu, 17 Nov 2016 11:36:04 +0100,
Ralph Dolmans <ra...@nlnetlabs.nl> wrote:

> Maybe I'm missing something, but it is not clear to me whether this
> document (-06) allows generation of NODATA answers using matching NSEC
> records that do not have the QTYPE set in the type bitmap.
>
> I don't see it explicitly mentioned. The RFC4035 update in section 7
> seems to allow it (or at least not disallow it). However, Section 4 only
> mentions covering (not matching) NSEC records. Same in section 5.1: "The
> validating resolver needs to check the existence [...] and an NSEC RR
> covering the query name.".

FWIW, I raised the same comment/question for an earlier version:
https://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/dnsop/current/msg17875.html

I've checked the thread, and found that while Warren replied to my
comments this particular comment didn't have any followup:
https://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/dnsop/current/msg17993.html

I suspect it has been simply forgotten since then rather than
rejected.

--
JINMEI, Tatuya