We (ICANN) have no mechanism or process for inserting a DNAME record into the
root.  We do have a process for considering the general issue, but, so far as I
know, no one has yet brought that idea into the ICANN/PTI arena.

Steve Crocker
[I am having trouble sending from st...@shinkuro.com, but I am receiving mail
without trouble.  Please continue to send mail to me at st...@shinkuro.com]