In message <ffafd844-824c-44ea-a4b1-1ad28b4fe...@fugue.com>, Ted Lemon writes:

> On Feb 8, 2017, at 12:25 AM, Mark Andrews <ma...@isc.org> wrote:
> > And how does the server get the proof of non-existence?  It needs
> > to leak a query.
>
> If it has proof of non-existence for .alt cached, it doesn't need to ask
> any further questions to deny the existence of any subdomain of .alt.

Which assumes agggressive negative caching.   I'm going to make a
realistic assumption that it will take 10+ years for there to be
meaningful (>50%) deployment of aggressive negative caching.

> Leaking a query to .alt is harmless.

Is it?  What reports are we going to see over the next 20 year of
DITL data on *.alt.

Mark

--
Mark Andrews, ISC