Hello Tony,

On 31 Mar 2017, at 12:10, Tony Finch wrote:

Evan Hunt <e...@isc.org> wrote:

(Incidentally, I'm working on a somewhat more ambitious ANAME draft with Peter van Dijk and Anthony Eden, who has kindly agreed to merge his efforts
with ours. I expect to post it in a few days, stay tuned.)

Does the more ambitious version use the NSEC rdata format so that you can
have different target names for different alias RR types?

I got this question some time ago when I was working on ALIAS for PowerDNS. Back then I said no, as nobody showed me an actual use case for it and I did not like the extra complexity. Today I feel the same way and the upcoming draft does not have type bitmaps currently.

Kind regards,
--
Peter van Dijk