On Tue, Apr 11, 2017 at 10:20:31PM +0200, Florian Weimer wrote:
> And in order to accommodate them, we upgrade the DNS server
> infrastructure across the Internet?

Them, and web browser implementers who just don't want to use SRV.

We did the best we could to ensure it can be deployed gradually,
though. The domain that wants to redirect apex addresses can implement
ANAME, and its clients will get answers. Resolvers that want better
answers can do that too. Forklift not required.

> I understand that's how things work in practice, but I don't like it.

So say we all.

--
Evan Hunt -- e...@isc.org
Internet Systems Consortium, Inc.