On 11 Apr 2017, at 20:16, Paul Wouters wrote:

On Tue, 11 Apr 2017, Tony Finch wrote:

ANAME
records are not just for zone apexes. There are lots of other cases where address records need a different alias target from MX records, or NAPTR
records, etc.

Can you give me an example of deploying ANAME outside the zone APEX that is not solved by allowing a CNAME to point to a CNAME (which most code I
think already allows anyway)

One PowerDNS user is using ALIAS (our ANAME precursor, if you will) because he is by policy not allowed to CNAME into unsigned zones, and his app is hosted on Amazon with ELB which means Route53 is mandatory for him.

Kind regards,
--
Peter van Dijk