Paul Wouters <p...@nohats.ca> wrote:

> I would feel much better if there would be some real use csases to
> justify adding special code to DNS that will instantly become obsolete.

Yes.

For IPv4 I can't see what advantage BULK has over $GENERATE or similar
back-end provisioning scripts.

For IPv6, if we have any reverse DNS at all for end-user devices it'll
probably be just a wildcard pointing to a placeholder record identifying
the VLAN.

BULK seems like far too much cleverness applied to far too small a problem.

Tony.
--
f.anthony.n.finch  <d...@dotat.at>  http://dotat.at/  -  I xn--zr8h punycode
Hebrides, Bailey: Southeast, becoming cyclonic, 5 to 7, perhaps gale 8 later.