Hi Paul,

Thanks for the feedback!

> We are adding something to DNS that's not just a new RRTYPE. It
> requires code changes and has a deployment and long tail. If the
> only result is that anti-spammers are no longer checking reverse
> PTR records, we end up with a feature in DNS that has no use, and
> the anti-spammers using another method to determine "inferior"
> IP addresses. DNS will be the only party left with some legacy
> complication.

I don't believe the need for this has anything to do with anti-
spammers.  We've had several requests for this feature
(as I have to believe have other ISP's).

> I would feel much better if there would be some real use csases
> to justify adding special code to DNS that will instantly become
> obsolete.

Just think of all the scripts out there today for IPv4 alone
which expand and work around the limitations of $GENERATE
(or equivalent), why not standardize this in an AXFR-able manner?

Thanks,
John

> Paul

-- THESE ARE THE DROIDS TO WHOM I REFER:
This communication is the property of CenturyLink and may contain confidential
or privileged information. Unauthorized use of this communication is strictly
error, please immediately notify the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all
copies of the communication and any attachments.