tjw ietf wrote:
I should qualify my comments on Route 53 - I don't think they are
something we should emulate, more of an example of how 3rd party vendors
get away with an overly-minimal set of resource records.   The words I
have to describe them are generally not polite.

i remember being unhappy to see that opendns didn't return an authority or additional section. but it's clear that this overminimalism did not hurt them in the market. so i think we have to be extremely cautious in how we word "mandatory to implement" and what we select to be such.

--
P Vixie