On Wed, Jun 20, 2018 at 07:47:16AM +1000, Mark Andrews wrote:

> SIG(0) has miles of potential.  Active Directory shows that hosts updating
> their own addresses is useful.

And not just their own addresses.  On my TODO list is making DANE
more manageable by (optionally) allowing the holder of a private
key correspoding to a TLSA "DANE-EE(3) X Y" record to update the
containing RRset to introduce the TLSA record for the next key.

> SIG(0) provides a similar mechanism without the overhead of AD.   It
> actually works well today if you spend the time to hook it into a system.
> What�s needed is for OS vendors to ship machines with support enabled.
>
> Use AD if the machine is part of  a AD domain and this if it isn�t.  It
> really isn�t that hard to do it just requires OS developers to do it.

I think that SIG(0) could be quite useful, perhaps it was just
introduced before its time.

--
        Viktor.