> On Aug 19, 2018, at 9:29 AM, Livingood, Jason <jason_living...@comcast.com>
> wrote:
>
> On 8/18/18, 7:03 PM, "DNSOP on behalf of bert hubert" <dnsop-boun...@ietf.org
> on behalf of bert.hub...@powerdns.com> wrote:
>    Especially when such a move will incidentally kill intranets, VPNs, split
>    horizon, DNS monitoring & DNS malware detecion and blocking.
>
> It seems to me that the underlying protocol is separable from the operational
> implementation, and the latter case is likely where most of the concerns lie.
> Thus, the issue is likely less DoH itself but rather how it is likely to be
> deployed.
>
> I am considering starting work on a draft along the lines of 'potential
> impacts of DoH deployment' to try to document some of this, if for nothing
> else than to organize my own thinking on the matter. This is because I also
> share concern, given the apparent deployment model, around what may break in
> enterprise networks, malware detection & remediation, walled garden portals
> during service provisioning, parental controls, and the impacts of
> eliminating other local policies. The CDN-to-CDN competition case is an
> interesting one as well, with respect to passing EDNS client subnet or not.
>
> JL

In the DRIU BOF, I mentioned establishing a reputation service for public DNS
resolvers. With a JSON interface, this could lead to users conveying some trust
of a public service or more likely, the inverse of trust for operating systems
or stub resolvers to whitelist/blacklist public DNS resolvers.

I tried to summarize it here:

https://dnsdisco.com/reputation-post.html
<https://dnsdisco.com/reputation-post.html>

Or you could go listen to the proceedings of the DRIU BOF.

Thanks,
Tom