> On 15 Feb 2019, at 09:02, Stephane Bortzmeyer <bortzme...@nic.fr> wrote:
>
> I really think it is important to make the difference between:
>
> * I blocked your request because that's _my_ policy
> * I blocked your request because I'm compelled to do so, don't
>  complain, it would be useless.

Why? From the client's perspective, there's no effective difference between
these. Their request was rejected for some policy reason and it doesn't really
matter whose policy has been applied.

Besides in situations where blocking is being done because of someone else's
say so, it's highly likely that the DNS operator will be subject to some sort
of injunction which prevents them from disclosing that such blocking is taking
place. Think warrant canaries.