On Wed, Feb 26, 2020 at 6:25 PM Tony Finch <d...@dotat.at> wrote:

> From my point of view that was the least important part of it,
> an optional extra that might help out CDNs some time in the future,
> and not necessary for deployment. Existing ANAME implementations
> work fine without it.
>
> The ANAME draft is far too complicated. I tried to simplify it but in
> retrospect I didn't go far enough.

That's actually why I was very interested in the draft last year. I had to
make exporting and importing Zone files with ANAMEs possible. Since
an ANAME would have caused a syntax error with any parser not
written by me, I ended up adding a semicolon at the beginning of every
such line. That worked just fine enough because it's very unlikely that
someone would accidentally write a comment looking exactly like an
ANAME RR.