On Thu, Feb 20, 2020 at 09:29:31AM +0100, Matthijs Mekking wrote:
> ANAME was supposed to solve the CNAME at the apex problem and mitigate
> against DNS vendor lock in. Both SVCB and HTTPSSCV do not fix this problem.

CNAME at the apex wasn't really the problem. Getting browsers to display
content from the right CDN server was the problem. CNAME at the apex was a
hackish nonstandard solution that we were forced to adopt by browser
vendors' failure to do anything more sensible.

If browser folks *are* doing something more sensible now, as appears to
be the case, then we no longer have the problem ANAME was meant to solve,
and I'm content to let it pass into history.

--
Evan Hunt -- e...@isc.org
Internet Systems Consortium, Inc.