Evan Hunt <e...@isc.org> wrote:

> CNAME at the apex wasn't really the problem. Getting browsers to display
> content from the right CDN server was the problem.

My interest in ANAME is basically nothing to do with CDNs. I want my users
to be able to configure aliases by name or address without having to deal
with incomprehensible restrictions. ("It's always a DNS problem") Ideally
they should be able to configure aliases by name so that those responsible
for the server can move it around without having to reconfigure ridiculous
numbers of aliases.

Tony.
--
f.anthony.n.finch  <d...@dotat.at>  http://dotat.at/
Portland, Plymouth: West or southwest 6 to gale 8. Rough or very rough. Rain