On Tue, 28 Apr 2020, Vittorio Bertola wrote:

I've been thinking about whether/how a provider of filtering service (directly
or indirectly) could be explicitly trusted to provide filtered
"answers".

There is only one method where you can trust the filtering service. That
is that they offer you the filtered data in a neutralized fashion. I
have already been waiting a few years for the RPZ draft to pass the ISE
publication process so the IETF can work on the bis document that moves
the censored data into the authoritative section. That way, you get
all the data innoculated. Clients not supporting this will not see
this data and get filtered. Clients supporting this can talk to an
enduser if one is available to say their data was filtered and present
a choice on accepting the filter or not.

I have poked Paul Vixie and the ISE a number of times on the RPZ draft.
I even gave them another full review, but it seems nothing is happening
to move this draft forward.

If I hadn't been too busy, I would have already submitted a rpz bis
draft.

Paul