Thanks Tony!

Best practice for providers ought to be to document re-validation
> requirements very prominently and clearly. (In my experience the common
> ones are not too bad but occasionally we have to guess, so maybe a service
> stops working for mysterious reasons 30 or 90 days later.)

Agreed! We currently have some text in section 4.3
<https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-sahib-domain-verification-techniques-02.html#name-time-bound-checking>
around time-bound checking but we should add this. I raised an issue
<https://github.com/ShivanKaul/draft-sahib-domain-verification-techniques/issues/19>
.

> It's kind of ugly the way static verification records clutter
> up the place, but on the other hand it is a useful protection against
> subdomain takeover attacks. So I hope that this document will have a good
> survey of the security considerations.
>
> Here's an overview of subdomain takeovers
>
> https://www.csoonline.com/article/3601007/how-to-avoid-subdomain-takeover-in-azure-environments.html

My understanding of subdomain takeovers is that it happens because of
dangling records. Would you mind expanding on this?