It appears that Paul Wouters  <p...@nohats.ca> said:
>The suggestion by Tony Finch:
>
>   * Sibling zones: two zones whose delegations are in the same
>     parent zone.
>
>   * Sibling glue: addresses of nameservers that are in a sibling zone.

So far we agree (which when it's Paul and me, is really saying something.)

>     Sibling glue is usually the glue that the DNS would require for that
>     sibling zone, but in some cases the requirement lies elsewhere, ...

This is where we always go off the rails.  There seem to be two mutually
exclusive interpretations of sibling glue:

1 - it's a small and entirely optional twiddle to speed up or skip
recursing into the sibling zone

b - it's an essential part of the response because it's the only way to
resolve a reference loop.

I've already said my piece about which of these makes sense and which is a cruel
joke, but if we're going to talk about sibling glue at all, we need to decide
which one we mean.

R's,
John