On 17 Oct 2022, at 10:06, Martin Schanzenbach <mschanzenb...@posteo.de> wrote:

> Technically, GNS celebrated its 10th birthday in 2022 ;)

:-)

> But back to business: You cannot think both that alternative name systems are
> fleeting trends and at the same time are a serious threat to DNS namespace
> consistency.
> That does not make sense.

I don't think they are serious threats to DNS namespace consistency.

Since it's not clear, my favoured approach to this entire subject is to do
whatever is the quickest way to resolve the conversation so that this working
group can get on with work that, in my opinion, no disrespect intended, is less
pointless. I do not believe this proposal does any harm, since I think it will
have a practical effect that is the same as doing nothing at all.

My goal is certainly not to put any brakes on if the effect of that is to make
things move more slowly. I apologise if that's what I have done in suggesting
to Brian that semantic-free labels do not fit the problem space.

Joe