Ohta-san, thanks for pointing out that text about the motivation for MX in
RFC1035—I hadn't noticed that. It still doesn't exactly prohibit doing
QDCOUNT > 1, but it's a helpful additional note about the history of the
problem. FWIW, I don't think it precludes doing queries with QDCOUNT > 1 to
the cache—it just suggests that the work involved in doing it successfully
is different (more complex) than the simpler problem you have to solve if
QDCOUNT == 1. Having just done an implementation of QDCOUNT > 1, I agree
that it's more complicated! :)