On 2/15/24, 04:37, "DNSOP on behalf of Petr Špaček" <dnsop-boun...@ietf.org on
behalf of pspa...@isc.org> wrote:
>If you think colliding keys should be allowed, please propose your own limits
>for sensible behavior. I will take popcorn and watch.

Hmmm, key tags were intended to simplify computation, somehow it seems that
they've gone the other way.

Having, setting, or discussing, limits for sensible behavior deserves its own
thread, independent of colliding keys.  I'd see this benefitting from a
panel-of-implementers topic in operator fora (RIPE's DNS working group as an
example, DNS-OARC as another) to gather operator-informed parameters, leading
to a general document (IETF) on the recommendations.