On 2/27/24, 17:09, "DNSOP on behalf of John Levine" <dnsop-boun...@ietf.org on
behalf of jo...@taugh.com> wrote:

>    The kind of load is different but in each case the client needs to
>    limit the amount of work it's willing to do. We can forbid it in the
>    protocol but unless you have better contacts at the Protocol Police
>    than I do, people will do it anyway.

I side with John Levine's line of reasoning, that the solution is defending
against taking on too much work (in this case, the validator caps it's effort -
in whatever way is appropriate).  It would be futile to prevent key tag
collisions from happening via a protocol change as a malicious actor is not
bounded by specifications.

If it is forbidden in the protocol, it might still happen.