Hi Barbara, :-)

You could try telling us briefly about your degree of experience in
documentation-writing? We might be able to better advise you in that
case... ;-)

You could also take a look at [1], where you will see a list of
documentation still needing to be drafted....

Some people like to work on LibreOffice documentation via the
oooauthors site [2]...

What are you interested in doing?

[1]
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Documentation#Documentation_Still_To_Be_Drafted