Hi Jean,

Jean Weber schrieb:
On Saturday, June 11, 2011, Regina Henschel<rb.hensc...@t-online.de>  wrote:
Hi planas,

planas schrieb:

Regina

On Fri, 2011-06-10 at 19:21 +0200, Regina Henschel wrote:

Hi documentation members,

I'm looking for a place to collect little tips and explanations, for
example "Why results the formula =-2^3 in 9?" or "Calc calcutates wrong!
9.87€ + 6.54€ results in 16.42€."

And also a place for HowTos, which are not a FAQ and which are to small
for a guide, but might be useful. For example an explanation, how to get
the coefficients of an interpolation polynomial.

It should be outside of your documentation workflow and needs to be
easily edited, but have a basic predefined structure.

Kind regards
Regina

Could this be integrated with the blog. We have a few how to blogs
already.

If it is "blog" as I understand blogs, then it will not be suitable. It is
necessary, that it can be edited. It must be possible to correct errors, to add or remove
something later on, to write mathematical content, to add pictures.

  I think any LO related topic could be discussed in a blog or

wiki. The difference, I believe, is the target with the blog being
straightforward how-tos or why-tos and the wiki having more depth for
topics.

Please have a look at our German Wiki http://www.libreofficewiki.de/. I look
for something similar in English.

Kind regards
Regina

We can make a section on the English docs wiki. A page was set up
awhile ago as a start for howtos but there is not yet any structure
for the items included.

Without a basic structure it will end up in a jumble. So such a structure is welcomed.

Entries on the blog can be edited but only by people with a blog
account and editor permissions. The blog can include pictures but I am
not sure how much maths it can handle.

One possibility is to put the info on the wiki and then make a blog
entry linking to it. Or put the info in both places when the item is
suitable. The short tips would be good for the blog.

One advantage of the blog is that with tags and categories, it is easy
to search and a lot of ordinary users are familiar with searching
blogs.

With the blog, one person can write a draft and others with blog
access can review or edit it before publication. Wordpress is a very
versatile and powerful publishing tool which can be used in many
different ways.

I consider "blog account and editor permission" and becoming acquainted with yet another tool to be a too high hurdle. At least I don't like it.

Kind regards
Regina