On Sunday, 12. June 2011 00:54:25 Jean Weber wrote:

> [libreofficewiki vs tdf wiki]
>
> Sorry, I misunderstood you. I thought you were talking about the LibO
> wiki, and when I replied I was referring to the LibO wiki. I agree
> that the docs info and knowledge base should be on the LibO wiki,
> not the TDF wiki. In fact, I don't think I knew there was an TDF
> wiki.

Ok, so probably we have to agree upon nicknaming the different wikis:

(A) By "TDF Wiki" I thought of http://wiki.documentfoundation.org . This
wiki serves - according to its main page - many needs simultaneously[1,
see below], but at present in my eyes mainly for project coordination.

(B) By "libreofficewiki" I thought of http://www.libreofficewiki.de,
which is just an alias for the old http://www.ooowiki.de - a very good
source of specific information bits and Howtos about OpenOffice.org (but
only in German language).

(C) I don't know of other public dedicated wikis at present. However,
there are libreoffice wiki sections in e.g. the German Ubuntu Wiki [2]
and probably other, non-LibO Wikis of course.

(D) Finally, to complete the list, the wiki on
http://help.libreoffice.org is not a public (i.e. community writable)
wiki at the moment, it is just the wikified content of the online help
from the LibO software. But it is sometimes referred to as LibO Wiki as
well.

So what I've suggested to do is setting up libreofficewiki.de (see B) as
multilanguage version and translate the contents (I'd suggest starting
with English and then followed by other languages)

Out of usability reasons I'd not suggest to put such little bits of end
user information into the TDF wiki (A). At least not at present.

In times of OOo, the argumentation for using the wiki was different:
They suggested to put as much as possible information into the OOo Wiki
(here I mean: wiki.services.ooo..., not ooowiki.de) to make it the
biggest and best possible all-purpose knowledge base. Which is a good
argument, of course, but the problem is that for not-so-advanced users
there is too much information so the average user does get too much
search results and does not know where to start. All-in-one is only good
for advanced people, and if it can be filtered efficiently (e.g. show
results in one or a desired set of languages only).

Nino

[1] "This wiki is currently work in progress and will subsequently
provide information on our ideas, projects, visions, goals and products,
and everyone can contribute."
[2] http://wiki.ubuntuusers.de/LibreOffice