On Fri, 2011-07-22 at 19:06 +0100, Tom Davies wrote:
> Hi :)
> Does anyone know how close the Impress Guide is to being published?  This
> seems
> to be the guide that is most required at the moment.

Update:
In the interest of faster publication, and given the SC's decision that
Windows screenshots are acceptable, I am taking the approach that any
screenshots not otherwise needing replacement (to change OOo to LibO,
for example) can be left as they are for this release of the book... as
we've done for the other already-published books.

Therefore I have started going through the Impress Guide, reviewing
chapters against the software and making changes to text and/or
screenshots as needed, and putting the reviewed chapters in the Reviewed
space. I should be done with that later this week.

It would be good (and part of our standard procedures) to have someone
else "proofread", copyedit, or otherwise check my work; but IMO if that
doesn't happen within a week or so, we should just go ahead and publish
what we've got... again as was done with the other books.