Hi :)
All the way at the bottom of that page
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Documentation/Development/UserGuideTasks#Base_Handbook
It looks like the Base Handbook has plenty of chapters ready to review.
For example chapter 4 about Forms is ready to review.

Gary Collins expressed interest in working on the Base Handbook too and
might want to take on Chapter 3 about Tables.

Jean or Sophie (or Alan or Dan)
Should i add a column for proof-reading?  I like the idea of skipping
proof-reading the Base Handbook for this version, in the interests of
expediency but now that it looks more possible should i add the column back
in?
Regards from
Tom :)