On Sun, Oct 5, 2014 at 8:59 PM, Dave Barton <d...@tasit.net> wrote:
> Jean Weber wrote:

>>> I have done my homework :). You can find the cleaned version at
>>> https://www.dropbox.com/sh/hw2khxh567s4bgj/AABWDuKvbAZmIz_keYxwmOzAa?dl=0
>>
>> Now if someone else will replace the published ODT files on ODFAuthors
>> and the wiki with these...
>>
>> (Whoever intends to do it, let us know so we don't have several people
>> replacing the same files.)
>>
>> --Jean
>
> I would take this on, but I don't see any mechanism for uploading or
> replacing files. Do I need additional permissions?
>
> Dave

You should be able to do this on both ODFAuthors and the wiki, but if
my description below for ODFAuthors doesn't fit what you see, let me
know and I'll tell you the alternative way.

For ODFAuthors:
1. Log in and go to the page for a chapter, for example
http://www.odfauthors.org/libreoffice/english/writer-guide/published-4.2/wg4-2-preface/view

2. On the green bar above the title ("WG4.2 Preface" in this example),
you should see "View", "Edit", "Sharing" on the left. Click "Edit".
(If you don't see "Edit", then you don't have the necessary
permissions.)

3. On the Edit File page, look below the File name for two choices.
The second is "Replace with new file". The rest should be
straightforward.

4. Repeat for each chapter.

The wiki is a bit trickier.
1. Log in, then, in the address bar on your browser, type this and press Enter:
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/File:WG4200-Preface.odt

2. That will take you to a page with the heading File:WG4200-Preface.odt
Look about halfway down for a link "Upload a new version of this
file". Click that.

3. The Upload file page should be straightforward. Under File changes,
you could put something like "Cleaned file."

4. Repeat for each chapter. My usual error is to typo the filename in
the browser address bar, so if you get a back that says the file does
not exist, that's likely what happened.

--Jean

P.S. We should put these instructions somewhere, either on the wiki or
in the Contributors Guide or both.