Hi :)
Don't worry too much about the page count.  It's nice to be roughly right
but doesn't really need to be absolutely precise.

It's just a rough indication of 'size' and a more useful indication of how
much work might be involved in proof-reading (or whichever stage).  Mb, Kb
etc didn't really help us much.

Dates can be similarly rough.  It's there just as a useful bit of
information for people producing documentation.

If 2 versions of a chapter appeared the date value might help us work out
which one was best or more recent or whatever.  It might help people assess
which chapters might be a lot older than others and therefore might need
more work to update.

Sorry!  I've no idea about the important questions you were asking there
:(
Regards from
Tom :)