Hi :)
Is that on Windows?  (Sorry i am on a stupid dumb system today that
blocks tons of harmless web-pages)

I think it depends on which program made the svg, or what type of svg
= Inkscape allows "Inkscape svg" and something like "Plain svg".  I'm
not sure what the differences are.

Of course one of the many advantages of using OpenSource systems is
that it's relatively easy to post bug-reports and ask questions.
Sadly i am currently handicapped by being stuck on a Windows system,
and a locked-down one at that.
Regards from
Tom :)