On 2020/12/02 15:17, Paul Sutton wrote:

a) Can you leave a space, either at the top, or bottom of the video
"page", that is not part of what is being demonstrated in the video/part
of the subject of the video, to be used for either open-captioning, or
closed-captioning?

Do you mean on the actual video itself or on the webpage the video is
on.?  I am not sure what you are asking, sorry

An unused space on the video itself. Somewhere that either open
captioning or closed captioning can overlay, without blocking whatever
is being demonstrated.

b) Can you have a rectangle, preferably in a corner, that is never part
of what is being demonstrated in the video/part of the subject of the
video, to be used for sign-language overlay?

I am not sure, I am using Vokoscreen to make these,  so I am guessing a

Likewise, an unused rectangle within the video, that when obliterated by
picture within picture, won't obliterate whatever is being demonstrated.

video editing suite can add this in.  Vokoscreen will allow recording of
picture in picture,  if you have a webcam,

Adding picture in picture is easy. What is not easy, is to ensure that
the added picture/information won't block whatever is being demonstrated.

jonathon