On 2020/12/01 19:53, Paul Sutton wrote:

Would it, from freedom / privacy perspective be better if videos where just on
peertube,

The more places you put them, the more exposure they will have.

  as it raises the profile of these free platforms,
there is also zero advertising, Plus perhaps they are then embedded in
side existing tutorials.

Putting them on youtube will just make the critics say that peertube can't
'hack it as a platform'.

In terms of Youtube
I think some of the payment policy has changed on you tube too.
I am not sure how adverts are generated on youtube but the last thing we want
are:-

Probably the only people that understand how adverts are generated, are
the people who write the algorithm software that YouTube uses.

Inappropriate advertising
Advertising for 'other' office products that the algorithm may come up
with, GoogleDocs or MSOffice for example.

You are guaranteed that that will happen.
More than once I've seen YouTube reviews that completely trashed the
product, to have half a dozen adds for the product being displayed,
during the review.

I can't see Google liking rival products, let alone free ones that
respect user freedom and don't collect data on users.

As the TDF has sponsors, is it possible to:

a) Run our own instance of peertube
b) Stitch very short adverts from sponsors on to videos
c) upload or find another way for sponsors to get a mention so that it

The standard way of doing that, is listing sponsors as part of the
credits.

jonathon