Hi flywire, Jean, All

Em 02/01/2022 06:38, flywire escreveu:
On Sun, Jan 2, 2022 at 1:09 PM Jean Weber <jeanwe...@gmail.com> wrote:

... Would the team like to have this book as part of the documentation
set? I am unlikely to update it very often, and I am unlikely to
produce a macOS edition of any other books except possibly the Getting
Started Guide - if I have time.

There should be a better way to meet the needs of mac users than a macOS
edition in https://documentation.libreoffice.org/en/english-documentation/.
Other applications manage to produce one set of docs for different
OSs, even if linux screenshots look a bit strange to say Windows users. It
will leave mac users with a general feeling of discontent there are no
current guides for their application/language. I suggest it should be
independent of current guides and the documents should be reviewed in the
context of better meeting macOS needs.

The whole guide preparation process is pretty impressive. Maybe OS-specific
keys and screenshots could be scripted in future guides for custom editions
but I doubt it is justified.

If we add a control variable that hides or show sections/paragraphs depending on the OS, documents will go into a very complex and fragile management scheme where mistakes (e.g. deletion of a controlled paragraph) are easily introduced and unnoticed. Debugging a long document like our guides will be unpleasant at best.

Technically speaking, LibreOffice has all tools for document management (version control, fields, track-changes...) but our team must get used to and it is also a entry barrier for newcomers.

The Help has a control scheme (<switch>, <switchinline>) for macOS where Ctrl key is changed to Command key and the menu "Tools-Option" is changed to "LibreOffice - Preferences". Those are 99.99% of all differences in Help between OS versions.

Regards

PS: @Jean: you may want to do a search "Tools - Option" in the macOS version.
--
Olivier Hallot