On 2.1.2022 23.50, Martin Srebotnjak wrote:
V V ned., 2. jan. 2022 ob 19:39 je oseba Ilmari Lauhakangas <
ilmari.lauhakan...@libreoffice.org> napisala:

On 2.1.2022 20.27, Martin Srebotnjak wrote:
  > Ilmari, could you please elaborate: what do you intend to patch
regarding
  > the help build?

Ignoring these so everything is written for every OS:

https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Documentation/Understanding,_Authoring_and_Editing_Openoffice.org_Help/3#switch

The current approach with operating system parameters also causes
technical issues (JavaScript redirect needed to view Help to begin with).

Ilmari

> Ilmari,
>
> just to make sure I understand correctly - you want to change all the help
> strings that have these switches and so they will appear untranslated or
> fuzzy and translators of l10n teams will have to manually check and
> (re)translate them (130 teams * hundreds/thousands of strings)?

No, to make the HTML generator write everything in the switch statements. Now, I'm not sure how well this will work for every writing system in the world as it would require adding parentheses and spaces in the case of switchinline elements, but it's worth a shot.

Ilmari