Hi Jean,

I have updated Chapter 1 of the Base Guide accordingly.

However, I have a built-in dislike of web addresses like this that include the version number of the software to be downloaded. What happens when versions 18, 19, 20, ... come along. Will we have to update the text of the guides each time?

Can I offer the following alternative text, which seems to side-step this potential irritation?

 * "For macOS, you need to install Oracle’s Java Development Kit (JDK),
   not just the JRE. Download links can be found by selecting the macOS
   option at: https://www.oracle.com/java/technologies/downloads/.";

I've used this revised text in the Base Guide but can change again if anybody has other ideas.

Regards,

Steve